Configure Google Apps Email Account on Outlook 2010 for Windows
Applies to: Users wishing to receive email from a Google Apps for Business email account in Outlook 2010.
|This setup will allow for synchronizing of email only. If you wish to synchronize contacts and calendars, please install Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook instead.|
To configure Outlook 2010:
- Click on the File tab, then click the Add Account button.
- In the Account Settings window click on the New button.
- Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
- Enter the following information:
- Your Name: Your real name.
- E-Mail Address: Your email address
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com
- Username: Your complete email address
- Password: Your email password
- Click More Settings... when complete
- Click the Outgoing Server tab, and then checkmark My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Make sureUse same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.
- Click the Advanced tab and enter the following information:
- Incoming Server (IMAP): 993
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: Choose SSL from the drop-down menu.
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 465
- Use the following type of encrypted connect: Choose SSL from the drop-down menu.
- Click OK.
- Click Next to enter to complete the account setup.
- Outlook will then test your settings. You should get two green checkmarks if everything is correct. Click Close when complete.
- Click Finish to complete the account setup.
- Your new email account will now be listed in the Account Settings window. Click Close, and your email folder will populate in Outlook's folder list.