Configure Google Apps Email Account on Mozilla Thunderbird
Applies to: Users wishing to configure Thunderbird to receive email from a Google Apps account.
To configure Thunderbird:
- From the top menu bar go to Tools and Account Settings...
- In the lower left click the Account Actions button and select Add Mail Account...
- Enter your Name (as you want it to appear to others), your complete email address, and your email password. Click Continue.
- Thunderbird will automatically configure your account. Click Create Account. Thunderbird will verify your settings and then synchronize your email.
- Your account is now configured to use in Mozilla Thunderbird.
Adjust these settings to improve the way Thunderbird handles email:
- Select Composition and Addressing for the new account. Change the drop down to start my reply above the quote.
- Go to Synchronization & Storage and under Message Synchronizing uncheck Keep messages for this account on this computer.
- Go to Copies & Folders and under When sending messages, automatically uncheck Place a copy in. Google automatically places sent items under the[Gmail]\Sent Mail folder without this setting.